Tuesday, July 15, 2014

What's NOT Cool to Me!!

Okay, here's my beef for the day!  This is my blog and I'll rant if I want to!
this image is from the division of labor site
http://www.dailyinspiration.nl/new-rules-of-work/

I do not think it's cool that a guy makes dick/penis jokes in a predominately all female workplace with the female staff.  NOT COOL to me...but then again, maybe that is the uptight side of me.  

I was raised and taught upon entering the adult work place, that such talk is frowned upon.  That one may joke around from time to time with their co worker..but for a male staff to go up to a female staff and ask...."what does that look like"...in reference to a craft that apparently resembled a male appendage.....just not cool. NOT COOL!  

What happened to work place etiquette?  Do I live in the stone ages?  Do I live under a rock?   I mean I too can joke around...or make innuendos just like anyone. I too can be somewhat inappropriate  BUT I thought there was a time and a place for such talk.  Apparently I am wrong and do live under a rock.

I have learned in the last week that it is normal talk in the work place or ANYWHERE.  That it's okay for a guy to joke like that with a female or male co worker or vice versa.  I voiced my concern out of concern for the person making the joke...that it may be mis interpreted and I didn't want them to get in trouble.  It turned into this huge deal of me not being a funny person, being uptight and just not knowing what is normal.  

It has been a week since this dis agreement...and while that person may be okay.  I AM NOT.  I am not cool with it.  And I don't know how to handle it...so rant and vent I will!  I AM NOT okay with it!

Is it okay to make dick/penis jokes at the workplace?  

Seriously Confused...........

No comments:

Post a Comment