Sunday, October 5, 2014

Recipe ~ Nothing Says Autumn Like Football and Some Sauerkraut Chowder!!!

I LOVE fall!  I love football and soup!  Today on this brisk Sunday what says home comfort more than a good bowl of soup, snuggled up on the couch watching your favorite team...in my case, the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!

Sauerkraut Chowder!!  A co worker of mine had some at work that  she had purchased from a fall festival about a week ago.  So I decided to Google that...and find a recipe and try it out for myself!!  YUMMMO!!!


Recipe as follows:

4-5 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 large can of sauerkraut
kielbasa (optional) or I saw recipes that used ham...
1 block of cream cheese, I used reduced fat cream cheese
1 can of evaporated milk
Season of your choice, I used onion, salt and pepper.

Boil potatoes until soft, add other ingredients cook for about half an hour!

EASY PEASIE!!  

I thought of adding corn, maybe next time I try this I will do so.  But seriously there are tons of recipe ideas out there online or just use what you've got!  I'm all about using what ingredients I can find in my cabinet and making it work!!


What a great recipe for a cool autumn day!  OH!!!  And my Steelers won!!   GO STEELERS!!!!  

Happy Sunday!  




No comments:

Post a Comment