Sunday, August 31, 2014

~ Rainy Sunday ~

I sit here this rainy Sunday morning, sipping my coffee, thinking about things...LOTS of things!  Where I am going to be this time next year.  And the thought is overwhelming me.  I have been contemplating my future a lot lately. Even after I have managed to pull myself up by the boot straps and get back on my feet to where I was able to purchase my first house a few months ago...I am still thinking....  Where will I be in my job, where will I be in my relationships, where my children will be.  If I will ever be able to live for more than from paycheck to paycheck.   It's too much to think about!  STOP the madness, I say!!  STOP!

It took me a long time to even think I could dare to dream, let alone help make my dreams a reality.  And it seems as of late, I have been struggling with the ability to even to dream again.  I've mentioned it in my posts, here and there that I have been struggling.  The idea of my blog was to help others dare to dream again when they've been through some of the darkest moments of their lives.   And yet I find myself here, again, wondering if I can make MY dreams a reality.  I feel sorta hypocritical right now. How can I inspire others when I can't even inspire myself,  to "get it together"  and KEEP it together?!?!

A friend of mine and I took our families to a wonderfully beautiful state park yesterday!  It's a favorite of ours and my children have never gotten to experience it.  And my oldest son seems to have developed this liking for "parkour" lately....I am still learning about what the heck that even means...but it's cool to see him developing his body strength and do things I think are impossible and crazy!  But it gives him a sense of purpose, a sense of confidence, a sense of well being.  It gives me heart palpitations cause I'm afraid of his safety!!! None the less, he is determined to get his body and mind focused and strengthened to be able to do so some of the craziest things!  I envy that about him.  REWIND.....that was you, Marcy, several years ago....OMG!

I think back....Back to when I began to get the courage to leave my situation and "dare to dream again".   I too was into physically training my body to do things I had never seen myself doing.  I was working out 6 days a week, and had gotten into running.  I was asked to be a cabin leader at an youth adventure retreat, which meant...outdoor adventure, rock climbing, repelling, high ropes, etc.  I did things that I never had the courage to do or the physical stamina to do.   I remember racing my son's scout den up the climbing wall at the boy scout summer day camp.  I felt accomplished!  LOL!  I felt in shape and determined to make it! And being in good physical form helped me emotionally to get and keep the courage to keep moving forward.  It gave me the strength to overcome, not only physical obstacles but also mental and emotional obstacles to where I was able to dare to dream.  

So I am a few years older.  I find myself in a job I love, however a very emotionally, mentally demanding job that leaves me feeling very depleted at the end of the day.   However, when I was in the place where I didn't think I'd ever be physically fit again, I remember starting with baby steps.  I was not interested in a gym membership, so I started in the privacy of my own home.   Started with a 15 minute workout video.  I figured I had at least 15 minutes every day, so why not pop it in and start.  Then there was the on demand workouts...again, easy!   Picked a 20 minute one occasionally to "mix it up".  Those baby steps of 15 minutes a day for 3 weeks, led way to me joining a small local gym and eventually running 4 days a week.   An impossible feat for me....at least I had thought!  I DID it!  The Nike logo....and slogan "JUST DO IT" became mine!

Okay, so now I find myself back where I was several years ago.  So perhaps it's time to "JUST DO IT" (AGAIN).  I've done it before so I CAN do it again, right???   I'm struggling with believing that I CAN do it again...but darn it...I'm gonna beat this!    I've done it before and I can do it again.  It's time for me to start to dream again.  It's time for me to prove to myself that I can dare to dream again.  

Time to  "JUST DO IT", MARCY!  

~Love always~

Marcy
My friend Christina text me this yesterday while I was at the park climbing rocks! Amazing my God's timing on reminders that I can do ALL things!   Thank you Chris, for blessing me!  In a bigger way than you realize!   




No comments:

Post a Comment