Thursday, August 28, 2014

High Maintenance Woman ~ Follow up post to my wordless Wednesday pic~

I mentioned to a friend of mine that I am a high maintenance woman, she said "aren't we all?"   In her mind, high maintenance is someone who takes hours to get ready.... well I CAN be that girl...but usually I can get up and out the door fairly quickly if need be.  BUT I am concerned about my appearance. I want to look put together, even if I'm mucking stalls I wanna look good!  Gotta coordinate the perfect outfit for mucking stalls, right???

So yes I would agree high maintenance could mean appearance.  What I was getting at and what I learned about myself was I require a lot of work.  I have higher than normal expectations. I don't mean the high maintenance that means monetarily or necessarily material possessions.  I can do with out a lot of things.  I have already done so. And I don't mind playing in the mud and dirt just as long as I can get cleaned up and put back together.  

No, the high maintenance I'm referring to is, I like to have things my way, I require a lot of emotional attention at times. I require a lot of affection and attention. I need a lot of reassurance, which I have found in the dating after divorce realm...is not such a good thing.

I am needy, I will admit that.  I don't want my high maintenance to scare away my future prince charming. By the same token, I want to be loved like I've never been loved before.  I want to be cherished.  Not necessarily lavished upon with great expensive gifts.  Although, diamonds ARE a girls best friend...right? Yeah...well, I don't know about that.   I want to know that I am worth the effort it takes to woo and continue wooing. Seems most men stop wooing once they've caught the woman.

I know that when I "feel" cherished and loved, I tend to go the extra mile to please.  I am a people pleaser to begin with, but make me feel like a queen, and you can bet you'll feel like a king.   I have found through the years that I am not necessarily alone in this thinking.  Most women who merely feel barely adequate to their partner coast by while those who "feel" cherished flourish and strive to please.

I got to thinking about being high maintenance.  I didn't have the opportunity to learn that about myself in my marriage.  It was always "his way, or the high way" with EVERYTHING.   So now that I have found this new side to myself, I wonder if it is because I didn't know what it was like to be pampered, or cherished by the ONE person who vowed to do so.  Am I high maintenance because I was ignored? While I may be high maintenance with good reason, I need to balance that with a touch of class.  I have been told I am a classy lady.  Never really knew if I believed it or not.  Perhaps I'm not doing as bad of a job at balancing it has I had thought.  

A high maintenance woman may be hard work, but I can guarantee that like most things in life...hard work usually pays off.   A male friend told me a while ago..."Marce, you are worth it, expect nothing less than the best".  

Hmmmmmmm......

I wonder how that would go over on a dating website....HIGH MAINTENANCE WOMAN....I am worth it!!  LOL

http://www.neaq.org
Just a thought!

Love always!!!

~Marcy~



No comments:

Post a Comment