Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Making Time to Take Care of Myself So I Can Continue to Dare to Dream.

I was looking through some boxes from the move and came across my books from Al-Anon.  In light of my internal struggles I've been having lately, I figured I'd pick it up and read the excerpt from today.  The passage from today was talking about meddling and taking care of oneself.   Like many peeps that have had an alcoholic in their life...I  became a "fixer"  Although, I think that has been my personality/temperament since birth!  I feel the need to fix everything. Everything else but myself.... With being a fixer, I tend to over think.
I read another quote today, not sure who it is from...but something about a "smart woman is an over thinker, the insecure ones, the different ones....the ones who over analyze everything..." Again I do not know who said this...but it has got me thinking....perhaps over thinking.  Not sure if I would agree with that quote...I don't think if I were smart, I'd be insecure...lol...

ANYWAYS,  I've been so wrapped up in an insecurity of mine as of late.....well actually for the last year.   I took a step back and thought where did it originate from.  Perhaps it has come from my over thinking.   So I ask myself...how do I let this go and stop over thinking about this.   Ideally I know what I want to happen, but it is not a reasonable thought.  At least from what I'm being told.   And I sort of agree...but then I am a firm believer that true love makes sacrifices. I mean doesn't it?  lol... But is that really fair to ask someone to sacrifice something simply because I am insecure?  hmmmmm....I don't think so.  

I do not have the answer as of yet how to deal with this particular insecurity..at least not in my heart of hearts.  I am not okay with this.  That being said, as I have found through the other problems or issues that I've worked through....I can do this...and why and how do I do this?  

I am going to rest on the promises of my Father God who has "promised to prosper me and not harm me...plans to give me hope and a future."  I'm not here to preach.  I'm here to share what has and what does get me through the tough times I've been through...what has helped me Dare to Dream Again... What has gotten me through the darkest nights and through the pain and personal struggles...is that particular verse from Jeremiah 29:11.   I cling to that promise when all else seems to be failing...and right now that is what I'm clinging to.  

Back to the passage from my Al Anon book....instead of worrying about that "problem" that I really can't control or fix. What I can control is what I DO......and you know what I'm gonna do?  Make ME a priority... worry about me and what I need to fix in me.  Time to take care of myself.

I will continue to Dare to Dream......



No comments:

Post a Comment