Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Winter Blues






I don't know about you all, but I've got the blues. I'm tired of this when hell freezes over weather..

With about 60% of the US dealing with below temps and poor Boston dealing almost 8 feet of snow, who wants to build a snowman?!?!?   I loved Frozen! The movie was great, but in real life...not so great!  I'm done with it.  Let it go already!  ANNNDDD I'm letting go......and this is what I'm letting go of.......

I'm ready for the sunshine that brings warm temps.  Great long walks outside.  Hiking, riding.... anything outside.  Being outside helps when I'm feeling blah!  Being outside keeps me active and healthy mentally AND physically!

Well things have changed..no longer can I put the boys on the bus and go out in the field and mess around with my horse.  No longer can I put the boys on the bus and go for a run. No longer does my job consist of being outside for 12 hours a day.

I've been in a slump for quite some time. I get these spurts of energy and go full out with my dieting and training....then I revert back.  I'm tired of trying to run a household on my own.  I fall into working 40+ hours a week trap.  I come home feed two teenage boys, try to stay on top of their school work, take care of the mundane daily living skills, laundry, playing taxi service. They need a life, mom needs a life.  And really my boys aren't as busy as some....so what's the deal?!?!  Why can't I seem to multi task like before?

I'm the sort of gal who needs to get things the hard way.  Well the hard way hit me on Sunday when I stepped on the scale and took my measurements.   I've been toying with committing to this 24 day challenge thing, my girlfriend has introduced me to.  I've bought some of the product and tried it...loved it.  But have been keeping my other foot out the door so to speak.   Not sure what clicked last week, but I decided to go ahead and commit to this challenge, come hell or high water.  Stepping on that scale was the beginning of that challenge...and well it hit me..hard!  TIME is NOW!

I've always struggled with the scale and the number on the scale.  I've struggled with always being the "big tall" girl in the class or in the crowd.  I've learned to embrace the tallness, but with the tallness comes the struggle with my inferior complex of looking so huge next to my cute petite friends, which I've secretly desired a time or two.  So my journey will be a struggle with the scale and my own mental thoughts of what I think I should look like.   I've been here before, and I've done it...just like anything else.... I set my mind to something, I do it!

So I am setting out on a journey to regain my physically active lifestyle....and I am asking you to join me.  I plan on posting my highs and lows, my struggles, my triumphs with the scale, in addition to what has helped me regain the body confidence that I had fought so hard to get.  I am putting it all out there for the world to see...

Today is day two of my 24 day challenge.  Eating wise, I have made healthy choices, portion control. I worked out for 35 minutes.  I feel it in my gut that this is the journey meant for me.  I hope to meet more of you who are embarking on a similar journey.

Nothing better to beat the winter blues than getting my sweat on!!!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my page.  Have a great active evening!!!


Love,

Marcy





No comments:

Post a Comment