Friday, March 7, 2014

INKED for the first time!!!



Done!!! I did it! I did it! This butterfly is ready to fly!!!! I've been thinking about getting this tattoo for over a year now and back in December I finally decided to do it!!  FIRST time getting inked!  And it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating!  LOL!   

This tattoo is to signify new beginnings......at the beginning of my divorce process, when I felt like my life was over,  someone dear to me gave me a butterfly bracelet to remind me of the fact that God had something good for me...that He was transforming me..and that my life was not over, that I was that butterfly, waiting for her wings to dry to take flight. Well I wore that bracelet EVERY day it was my daily reminder that I would get through that dark time in my life. That bracelet broke and I couldn't find another one like it......this butterfly won't break or get lost...it is my constant reminder of my transformation and the fact that my life is not over...it is just beginning.    


Ronnie the most awesometastic tattoo artist!!  He told me that this was my first tattoo, but wouldn't be my last.  I can honestly say, I never pictured myself ever having one let alone more than one tattoo.  BUT as I sat there getting inked, there was a butterfly in a horseshoe hanging over the thresh hold of Ronnie's door....and both horses and butterflies have significant meaning to me!  For me they mean second chances,  and new beginnings.....so perhaps there is some hidden meaning behind that.....possibly a horseshoe tattoo in my future??  




NOT as painful as I had anticipated!  LOL 
Do you see that arrow head behind me with the horses.... perhaps another tattoo is in my future.  




2 comments: