Friday, January 2, 2015

Sending HUGS!

In so many ways, the holiday season is so very painful for some for various of reasons.   I want to extend hugs and prayers to all of those who have been in pain through this holiday season and as the new year is now upon us.   
http://www.bestsayingsquotes.com/files/awesome-hug-quotes-pictures-2-4a59a554.jpg

I started my blog in hopes of offering A HOPE to those who are going through the divorce process. As the holidays are painful for so many different reasons, it is particularly painful for those of us entering or already in the midst of a separation and divorce.  Every where you turn you see adds for love and romance and happy families spending the holidays together. And how about those mushy holiday TV movies!?!? Even my 11 year old said.."why is this all they put on during Christmas...there is no such thing as "happily ever after"....and it hurts!"  Sad that an 11 yr old knows that sort of heartache at his young age!   It's sort of like a sucker punch in the stomach every time those adds come on, or everywhere you turn you see signs of love and romance. Makes ya think, what's wrong with me?  Will I ever find love? Does love really exist?  Just so many things mess with your mind and already hurting heart.

I have been reading this past week and my heart aches for all of those women who are hurting..and who's lives are really in the midst of disarray.  I too remember that suffocating pain..those lonely nights, those holiday gatherings that are no longer, that first holiday dinner that the kids go and spend it with the STBX instead of the whole family and you find yourself spending it alone or at least feeling alone even if you have a gathering with your relatives.  Or how about those other holiday celebrations that you no longer get invited to because of whatever reason..... IT HURTS SO STINKING bad!  A side note.... I wish those who are still in our lives would realize that we don't need you to fix things..and we know that you don't know what to say, but do you have to exclude us? We don't have the plague...in fact we are in serious need of acceptance and love.  And when the people who we think love us continue to exclude us because they don't know what to say to us...we feel even more unlovable.  

Anyways, back to my holiday hugs...my hope is to let someone out there who may need to know at the moment they read this that they are NOT alone!  If I could..I would wrap my arms around everyone who is currently hurting from the suffocating pain of divorce. 

Please, my friend, know YOU ARE NOT ALONE!  Things may not get better today, things may not get better tomorrow...in fact things may not get better for while.....but you ARE lovable..you ARE worthy of more.  YOU ARE WORTH IT!   Please, please, please, find a group, or a friend to help you while you are going through this most painful journey of your life.  Divorce sucks, and it hurts, but there is healing.  You will get through this!  You will my friend!!!   

Love and HUGS,

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment