Saturday, January 31, 2015

~~This Girl Loves Football!~~

SUPERBOWL XLIX ~   I'm ready for some football!  

I started out making this post about the current deflate gate scandal surrounding the New England Patriots and cheating in sports and what message it sends to our youth teams.  I am disgusted by the scandal and the fact we just can't have some good honest football around here.

Enter **SQUIRREL MOMENT**

While looking up some statistics and other football facts, I came across a page entitled "why women commenting and posting about football is annoying".... WELL, let me tell you, forget deflated balls! I am here to say WHY I am annoyed and why it is difficult to be a female fan sometimes...  SOOOO.....Let me tell you, what the annoying realities of being a female football fan are!!!!   Grrrrr.....ball ready...GAME ON!

Just cause I love pink doesn't mean
I don't want to wear my team colors!  
Football is an American past time that has been bringing families and friends together for decades. One of my favorite all time memories and cherished moments are football Sundays and pasta with my family!  Hanging my terrible towel on the mantel...and just enjoying watching football with my family. I mean it's FOOTBALL! hoooorahhh!  

Let me also say we are capable of enjoying the sport of football without the need of impressing ANY man or FOR the man...so aggravating to be asked "who do you think is cute"?  What the heck...he's sweating..and dirty..and well yeah..some girls are into that..myself included..sorry "squirrel" moment..... Why can't a girl just enjoy sports for the themselves...NO MAN NECESSARY!

We do not need an explanation for every play; we actually know what's going on from our own know how....unless we ask..please, we really do know what's going on...usually!  lol

One of the biggest annoying thing as a female fan is the pop quizzes!!  I may not know EVERY starting player, or every little detail about their statistics, but really it's annoying to be quizzed when I mention who my favorite team may be.  At the end of my day, their starting players. or their numbers don't affect me in the least...so I don't care!!!!

And just because pink is my favorite color, doesn't mean I don't need my jersey all bedazzled or bling blinged out...I love my team's colors.  Some better cuts and choices may be nice..but I want to wear black and gold!  I'm proud of those team colors!!!

It's not just a phase or we're not just on the bandwagon. Win or lose, we female fans are fans to the end.  It doesn't matter how we grew to love it, we love it.  Football doesn't care about relationship issues, it doesn't care about stresses from work or school. For myself, it's sorta an escape from those things.

Football is more than just a sport, it is part of the American culture which I love!

Go ahead, my fellow female fans..wear your team colors proudly and don't let anything keep you from fully enjoying your team and the sport of football!  ANY sport for that matter!

Have a happy and great weekend!   AND....since my favorite team is not playing..I am going for #GoSeattleSeahawks.    Make Tom Brady eat his #deflatedballs!  

Love,

Marcy   #STEELERSfanalltheway

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be watching the Puppy Bowl and the Kitten Bowl tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...I've never seen the Kitten Bowl, Andi! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Munwar for stopping by!! I will check out your posts!!

    ReplyDelete