Friday, May 16, 2014

FWF ~ Mother's Day Fun ~

This week's free writing Friday, I want to wish everyone a belated Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mother's day weekend we were busy doing mommy and son stuff!  LOVED every minute of it.  Started out Friday, my oldest son had some of his friends over for his birthday.  My youngest and I went walking to just hang out and stay out of Noah's and his friend's hair!

Saturday we were supposed to do family pictures at the park...I was SOOOOO looking forward to pictures with my boys.   But the weather just didn't cooperate!  I was disappointed. The boys were singing praises to the rain for saving them from pictures!   Noah and Camden came up with plan B.  The boys wanted to go spend some leftover Christmas and birthday money.  Off to the mall we went!

I absolutely LOVE going to the mall with my boys!  We usually go the mall and then stop at Arby's....My oldest usually says..."mom, ya know what I'm thinking?"  And I'll say..."I think I see a hat..an Arby's hat over your head!"   He'll reply with "you know it".  This time he wanted to treat to Arby's.  Somehow I ended up paying and he got out of "treating everyone"....how did that happen????  lol

We have the most interesting conversations while driving!  I find all sorts of things out that they've been thinking!  Sometimes I'm in shock, other times, I just shake my head and laugh.  Oh the joys of owning two boys!  lol

We followed up Saturday at the farm with Kodak and Camden practicing his photography skills! Woke ups Sunday to a bowl full of chocolate and presents, and bacon pancakes..yeah...bacon pancakes..LOL   Thank you Noah! Then went to dinner with MY mamma and daddy!   Ended the perfect day with Camden at the park and then at the farm playing photographer again.

My photographer in the making, perhaps?  Taken by Camden
Just when I start feeling overwhelmed with being a mom, a single mom..heck just being a mom is tough single or otherwise.  Anyways, just when I'm feeling at the end of my rope and feeling like I am just not doing enough for my boys...(cause that is one of those single mom things, feeling guilty that you are some how cheating/robbing your children because your marriage failed.) SO just when I'm feeling like a total failure...I get a home made card from one of my children reminding me that I must be doing something right....

Camden knows how to melt my heart!   


Kodak and I posing for Camden ~ per his request!  He's a bit bossy as a photographer, just sayin'  
Loves of my life!!!  My boys!  

No comments:

Post a Comment