Monday, May 19, 2014

Learning to be a DIYer ~ More Firsts for Me!! ~

So, among the many other things I'm learning to do on my own since becoming a divorcee, I'm learning to be a DIYer!!

I have no idea what my style would be considered.  I think I'm more of an eclectic gal..love mixing and matching.  Shabby chic maybe...I dunno.  Anyways, while I've been trying to figure out what I LIKE and not worried about what I'm told to like, I've decided that I really like the brown/turquoise color scheme.

I've always envied those peeps who can take an old piece of furniture and reinvent it, making it work with their decor.  Wanted to always try it...but have lacked the confidence to go ahead and do it.

I've been looking for a particular TV stand....haven't found exactly what I love or what I thought I was willing to pay that much for.  I was at a local mission/thrift store and found what I think to be a record player stand thingy.  The thought came to me...WHAT if I painted this and then sanded...OR chalk painted...or what if I just tried something different???  It was only $20.00, so what could it hurt?  Why not try it?  That is what I did!  I tried it!  And this is what I got...........
Before........

And after........I will cut holes in the back to thread the cords through the back...

I enjoyed expanding my horizons and trying something new and totally out of my box!  I am so ready to do another project...I mean practice makes perfect, right????


3 comments:

  1. I Love this !!! I am new to DIYing but never a project this big but I love it .. got me feeling inspired and all

    xoxo, Anni
    www.annisbubble.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anni! I've never done anything like this period! LOL...Is your site a DIYing site? Would love to get more ideas/tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl!! It will look great in your new house ;)

    ReplyDelete