Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Winding Valley!




Eleven years ago, Camden, you came into my life and forever changed it! Your name mean winding valley, and our past 11 years have been full of winding paths and turns, and have landed us where we are today.  Maybe not where I thought we'd be, but in a place where we are stronger, closer, safer, more secure and full of love and life!  

This particular journey started one day while I was packing up maternity clothes and baby items for a young unwed mother in my church.  I remember thinking to myself and saying out loud, "you may want to keep some of these things...one day you will have another child....but NOT with this man"...I remember thinking now is the time to go, I only had one son at the time and he was only 3 1/2, I thought, we would be fine, we could live with my parents til we get on our feet.  And someday maybe I'll meet a good guy and re marry and have another child. BUT until then....  so I continued to pack up those clothes and baby items.

Fast forward one week.....I wasn't feeling well, thought, hmmmmm...could I be?   I went to the store and bought a pregnancy test....a three pack in fact.  Really, who knew they made a three pack?? I mean if you don't know using one... The more I thought about it, the more I thought...I really think I'm pregnant, but noooo, I can't be, not now, not when I'm finally feeling brave enough to leave, ready to say enough is enough.  Over the course of the next few days I took all three of those tests...called the doctor and went in for the blood work.  And on the way home stopped and got another pregnancy test..cause REALLY, I couldn't be!!  The next morning I take that test, get out of the shower and the phone rings, it's the doctor confirming what I already knew but kept denying!  Indeed I WAS pregnant!  

This was my second pregnancy and not a great one.  I was depressed and just had no idea where my life was going and I was scared.   

I had always loved the name Camden, of course my ex didn't like that name.  And fought that name all the way up until I had delivered.  My second delivery was even more difficult than my first, I seriously believe it had to do with my state of mind.  But anyways, I remember my mid wife looking at my then husband and saying, "she deserves to name this baby whatever she wants"    

Camden - means winding valley, crooked valley.  People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family..... WOW!   

Who knew that day was the beginning of a whirlwind journey that let me to take the steps necessary to better our lives emotionally, and mentally.   

Camden has enriched my life in so many ways that I can't explain!  He touches everyone he meets! He is full of life, and love!   He gives of himself so deeply and honestly!  God has his hand on this young man!   Camden is a daily reminder that yes life is full of winding valleys, twists and turns sometimes...but life is an adventure to be lived and embraced and cherished!

No comments:

Post a Comment