Friday, February 7, 2014

What Dare to Dream Again is NOT


I just want to make one thing clear, well maybe more than one thing, BUT just so those naysayers know. I want to tell you what Dare to Dream Again is NOT.  It is not about me PROMOTING and endorsing divorce.  I believe in the sanctity of marriage.  I believe in happily ever after.  BUT the reality of it is,  divorce happens.   It’s a sad reality, but it’s a reality none the less.  Do you think I planned on being 42 and divorced?    I can assure you, when I was a young girl, I never pictured myself as a middle age single mother, with no where to go,  dead broke, and with no idea of who I was as a woman.   I wanted what most little girls want, to grow up, find my prince charming have a fairytale wedding and live happily ever after.   That is not what this girl got.   I got a marriage full of alcoholism, mental & emotional & sometimes physical abuse.  I got a marriage where I lost all sense of who I was as a person, woman, mother.  I got a marriage where I was left feeling like the only thing I was good for was to meet his physical & sexual needs.   I was left broken, abandoned and abused.  I guarantee you this is NOT what I wanted, but does that mean I think all marriages are doomed, NOPE!  I know there are plenty of good marriages out there. Many of my friends have very good marriages. I too hope to find that true love, my soul mate and have a healthy, happy marriage. 

I do NOT intend for Dare to Dream to be a place of man bashing.  There are plenty of good men out there.  Some of us have for whatever reasons, have not been fortunate to have that.  But that doesn’t mean we don’t want that. That does not mean we don’t think there aren’t good guys out there.  It just means we’ve been so scarred from that ONE bad one, it makes us fearful to trust, and believe that we DESERVE a good guy. 

I want this to be a place where we can feel safe to share the insight we all have gained through our pain.  I want to provide real support, encouragement and resources to help each other put our lives back together.  I want to help you and me continue to RE-learn who we are.  I want us to find our passions to become the women we were ALL created to be:  beautiful, strong, and worthy!  
Dare to Dream Again IS a place to encourage and wait with each other til our wings have dried and we are ready to take flight!    Butterflies waiting to fly! 

~Marcy~




3 comments:

  1. I would like to find d our who I am as a wife. I knew who I was as a single person and a mother. I'm confused as who I am or should be as a new wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to find d our who I am as a wife. I knew who I was as a single person and a mother. I'm confused as who I am or should be as a new wife.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you! You are a newlywed! Let me just say that I am not a counselor. So any thoughts I offer are of my own personal experience, or opinion. That being said I truly believe that we as wives are called to be our partners helpmate. Make a happy home. As a new wife, be who you are. Your husband fell in love with you because he loves certain things about you so continue what you were already doing. Marriage is give AND take. It's not all about him, it's not all about you, it's not all about the children. It's about a unit. When I say don't lose who you are, don't stop doing the things that make you, YOU. If you were a woman who loved the great outdoors, continue to do things that provide you that joy, If you are a woman who loves working out, continue working out, just balance it. It's all about balance. In my marriage, I was not "allowed" to do the things that I once loved, that I thought he loved as well, thing that we did as a dating couple we no longer did AT ALL. He controlled where I went, who I went with, if I was "allowed" to have money. He controlled everything. So as long as you are not in an abusive controlling marriage, continue to be who you are. AND most importantly communicate with your husband, I'm sure he wants to know your struggles. Tell him you are struggling with what your new role....ask him what his thoughts are. Perhaps dear, you are putting more pressure yourself than you need to be. Relax and communicate with him. And then enjoy your new role as a newlywed, learning about each other, and loving each other! Thank you for your comment! I appreciate feedback! Blessings to you and your family! ~Marcy~

    ReplyDelete