Sunday, February 2, 2014

OH Mamma, what am I doing??

Oh Mamma!  What did I get myself into?  LOL!

I sit here with my coffee!  Blank canvas in front of me, I think what am I doing here?  Really me? A blogger? I've got nothing to say.  Nothing to offer!   Really?  Nothing to say.  Hmmmm, ask my children, that would be a first!

When I think of the word "blog", I think of the Charlie Brown teacher, "blah, blah, blah, blah, blah".....But then I remember when I entered the beginning of the end of my marriage, there were many nights that I would Google "divorce", "help for those going through divorce", how to kill your husband and dispose of the body..JUST JOKING!  Don't say you have never thought.."well if he just had an accident".  The song from the Dixie Chicks, "Earl Had to Die" came to mind several times.  LOVE that song, BTW!

But seriously, I turned to the Internet, I turned to Google for help and resources.  I stumbled onto several sites, blogs, and other resources that sometimes offered some pretty specific advice, while others offered a friendly "ear",  a word of encouragement, or a quote that would help me realize, that I am not alone.  There were many sites to let me know that people get divorced, and while this may not be the ideal situation,  I can find a way to survive.  There are many women out there that have and are surviving divorce!  And that have come out the other side of divorce a stronger woman!   The Internet is a treasure box of gold nuggets of strength, courage, inspiration, and resources.  That being said, I too hope to be one of those nuggets.

I am in no way an expert on divorce or being a single mom.  In fact, I am still piecing my life back together in the aftermath of divorce.   I hope that while I am doing this blog that I will continue to find resources, encouragement, and inspiration from you all in addition to empowering others with the nuggets they need to continue to piece their lives back together.

Well, I suppose I DID have some things to say!  I wish everyone a very happy Sunday!

Oh and don't forget to watch Super Bowl XLVIII!  GO SEAHAWKS!

<3

Marcy

No comments:

Post a Comment