Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Balancing Act

I sit here at 7:00 on a Wednesday evening, feeling overwhelmed. 

Just when I think I've got this single parenting thing under control and that I can balance a full time job, manage a house,  balance extra curricular activities and all the other demands that comes with being a parent. My hormonal teenage son informs me that I am not doing such a good job. Of course, he was taking one of those young teenager tantrums because he apparently felt he was being treated unfairly at the moment.     

So instead of working on my "about me" page, I sit here stumped and frustrated.  Not sure which end is up at the moment.  Have I really been that misguided?   Do I really not have it ALL under control?   The answer is NO, I don't.  

I do not have it under control.  BUT I am doing the only thing I know how to at the moment. Put one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.    Go to work so that I can keep my boys clothed, fed and put a roof over our heads.  Actually finding a house for us, a home to make ours.   Help my boys with their school work, be here for them.   Help them find their passions.  Encourage them to have goals and help them achieve them.  All the while continuing to re learn who I am, maintaining the courage that I have fought so hard for. Preparing for our future. 

HOW DO I BALANCE it all?   I don't have it all figured out, but one thing I do know is that I will keep at it until I do.  AND about my son just came to me and apologized for being disrespectful.   AHEM...perhaps HE is getting it? Perhaps, I am not doing as badly as I thought?  LOL!  UGH!    



No comments:

Post a Comment