Sunday, February 9, 2014

Maybe I Am More....and Maybe YOU ARE TOO!

My divorce has been final for about 8 months now.  I was separated for a little over two years.   I am 40 something...(AHEM)  and just NOW figuring out who I am as a woman and mother.    I realized not long after my boys and I moved out of the house after talking to a pastor and friend of mine, that I really had no clue who I was. My ex had me so "beaten" down emotionally and mentally that I lost all sense of who Marcy was.   I knew who I wanted to be or at least I thought I did.. BUT REALLY,  could I be more? Could I do more?  Was I worth more?  Just WHO AM I?  These are the answers I have been searching for through this journey.
  
Someone asked me once, if I had to do over again, would I?  The answer is "NO".  If I seriously knew what I know now, I would not have walked down that aisle that February day.  I think I was too young, too naive, too eager to please, and not in love.  I think I was too afraid to admit that.   There were many signs in our dating life that when I look back, I can see were red flags, but I ignored those red flags.

That being said, I wouldn't have my two wonderful boys.  I am so thankful for my boys and I love them with all of my heart.  I am a firm believer that things happen for reason. I don't understand totally why, but I do know that my boys wouldn't be here if I hadn't walked down that aisle. So for that reason alone it was worth it.

So what is the purpose for this journey I am on?  I don't have all the answers.   I have thoughts and ideas of why I think my life has taken this turn.  And maybe all things are not for me to know why.  But I have learned that maybe I am more.  Maybe I really am that girl who likes the great outdoors. Maybe I am that girl who likes to work hard, just not when I'm being screamed at because I mowed the lawn the wrong direction. Maybe I really DO like to cook and maybe I really do know HOW to cook, just forgot because I was told that I couldn't.  And maybe I do know what I'm talking about sometimes.  Maybe there are even people who want me to talk to them, who don't mind if I ask questions.  Maybe someone does value my input.

MAYBE,  Just maybe I AM MORE!

~ Marcy~







2 comments:

  1. Marcy, I would love to have coffee with you sometime. Life can be so difficult when you don't feel accepted. Then to have to do it on your own makes it even more so. Hang in there...I am sending prayers your way! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for following my blog! I would love to have coffee with you sometime!! And thank you for the prayers, can always need them! <3 ya!

      Delete