Friday, April 25, 2014

Free Writing ....



A friend of mine gave me a book about writing for your well being.  And in this book the author gives writing exercises.   One of those exercises is free writing.  I use to do free writing pretty regularly and this book has brought up all those memories of writing exercises that I've done in the past.

Years ago I started free writing as a way to decompress when I was struggling with my emotions.  By simply sitting down and letting the pen just go....I would write my feelings down on paper.  I would sometimes go back and re read it, but not always.  I didn't care if what I wrote made sense or was grammatically correct. It didn't matter, I wasn't being graded on it. I just needed to vent!  Free writing is therapeutic for me.  I had gotten out of the habit of doing it until Dare to Dream Again took root. Free writing is just what it says...simply writing.  Writing whatever comes to mind.  It is not only therapeutic for me, but also helps "clean out" all the gunk in my brain and help me re focus.  So I think it's time to dig out some old writing exercises and start writing for my well being in addition to hopefully becoming a better writer.     

So with this in mind, I'm going to try to do Free Writing Fridays.   I am already posting pictures on Wordless Wednesdays.  So perhaps the Friday Funnies pics are not the way to go.   Gonna set my timer for 5-10 minutes.  I'm going to pick something that happened through out the week in my life, at home, at work, etc. and free write!    Gonna see where my pen....or in this case laptop will take me!



Marcy  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment