Saturday, April 5, 2014

TAKE EARLY ACTION AND LIVE.... TEAL is the color for me!

There are three very important causes that are very near and dear to me, that I support and encourage awareness for.  Those are Domestic Violence Awareness, Breast Cancer Awareness, and Cervical Cancer Awareness.   
photo courtesy of Cervical Cancer Awareness Facebook page
TEAL LADIES NETWORK 

It is coming up on a year that I received some frightening news that I am on the cervical cancer radar.   I have always been faithful with getting my yearly exams. So seriously?    And not long after the birth of my second child I had a bad report.  Had the cone biopsy done and followed up until the pap came back okay. So went back to my yearlies.  

Last year I had another bad pap.  Went through the same ol' thing.   It was a Thursday morning I went into the Dr. to get my biopsy results and I was sitting in this chair outside the doctors consult office. Felt like I was sitting outside the principles office!  I had that pit in my stomach. Sat there like a frightened grade school girl when another woman me came out in tears.   My heart sank.   The doctor called me in next.  I went in and sat down across from the doctor. Looked at him and he went through the whole process, pulled everything up on his computer screen and even drew me a picture of my cervix!  REALLY???  JUST tell me already!! He even had an app for cervical cancer and HPV!  THEY EVEN have an app for that!!  LOL   Good news is the cells are not cancerous right now.  But considering my history, I am on the radar screen for cervical cancer. Okay...whatever that means!  I am fine for now!!  But you better bet I'm gonna take this opportunity to shout it from the mountains tops for all of my loved ones to keep getting their yearly smears!   

I have been reading a lot about cervical cancer over the last year. I have read a lot of confusing medical jargon. And there is a lot of controversy about HPV and the vaccine.  So I'm not here to argue about this study and that study...the one thing that is VITAL is keeping up with your exams.  EARLY DETECTION! That is what I want to advocate for! 

There is the Teal Ladies Network that I follow on Facebook.   https://www.facebook.com/CervicalCancerAwareness.CCA  I'd like to share them with you.  I am in no way getting compensated for endorsing their page.  It is a public page that has encouraged me and given me some important facts and places to find more information.   And every once in a while I will share their public photos and posts.   I support Cervical Cancer Awareness.  I want to help raise awareness of the importance of regular cervical screenings!   TAKE EARLY ACTION AND LIVE!!!!   

Love, 

MARCY

photo courtesy of Cervical Cancer Awareness Facebook page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment