Sunday, April 6, 2014

One of Many Firsts

So today I went to my first bridal shower since my divorce.  I admit, I was not feeling up to it.  I was dreading going.  One it was out of town, a little over an hour away, and two I really don't know the bride well and three, I just find myself very cynical these days about happy ever after. Not to mention, my first time wearing hose in like forever and I get a run right before I walked out the door.  THAT is why I despise pantyhose!    
https://www.facebook.com/TheHorseMafia

Like many firsts after divorce,  I guess it is something you just have to do.  Every first is a step.  A step in the journey of rebuilding, reinventing myself.  And with every first I am becoming stronger.  So I take a deep breath and continue onto my next first!   Whatever that will be...I do not know....  Perhaps the upcoming wedding that follows this shower.   Onward and upward!  

No comments:

Post a Comment