Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Insecurity Sucks!

I know I am not alone on this.  Well, maybe I am.  I think we all have some insecurities in our lives.  I seriously hate this flaw of mine!   I know where it stems from ....and I know that it is "just my insecurities" but seriously every time I think I've made some pretty good progress in this area....WHAM!   Insecurity rears it's ugly head!  Insecurity got the best of me today...bear with my ranting.  It helps me put it all into prospective and regroup.

WHY in the world can I not get over it once and for all???  Put ALL insecurities in the toilet and flush them away!  FOREVER!   Okay..that was gross!  My sons are starting to rub off on me!   Moving on.....

This much I know.  My insecurities come from the emotional way I feel about myself.   To change that emotion I need to change some core beliefs about my self image...the self image of not being good enough. What is good enough?  I found and I believe that good enough is when you give your best...and if that isn't "good enough" for someone else, doesn't mean I am not good enough...just means their expectations were higher than what mine were.   And good enough is not perfect.  I have found that NO ONE is perfect!  REALLY?  I couldn't believe it...but it is true!  So I'm not the only imperfect one on this planet?  I take great comfort in that!  

When I look back over the last 20 some years of my life and see the timeline of the events that have contributed to the way I feel about myself.  I have to stop and take note of where I have come....I HAVE made progress!  I am not where I was even as recent as 4 years ago.  I have learned to take my insecure thoughts captive and separate fact from fiction....and it usually helps dissolve that insecurity.   Sometimes not as quickly as I'd like, but definitely quicker and better than I use to!

I will continue to work on the core beliefs that contribute to my negative self image.  I will remind myself that I AM good enough, but will continue to strive to make corrections and improvement where needed for me, not for the approval of others.  
I love this quote from Steve Furtick...true statement!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment