Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Who Will Stop the Pain?

My heart is heavy this evening.   This morning, my Facebook news feed and the radio was full of reports and accounts of a stabbing that occurred in one of our local schools.    20 stabbed, 19 of those students, one security guard, 2 critically.    The suspect is reported as a good quite boy, from a good neighborhood, and family.   It is also reported at this early in the investigation stage that he was a victim of bullying.  

I have been dealing with bullying with my youngest son for the two years.  He has been the victim of bullying. So I have seen first hand the affects of bullying!  And I can't say it enough!  I HATE IT!  I know we all do. But really, something hit me about a month ago.   I have seen first hand that the victim gets pick on over and over, and over and usually the victim feels so deeply and internalizes it.  And is tormented by it.  And the bully capitalizes on this.  The bully keeps picking and picking, til one day, for whatever reason the victim "snaps"  and lashes out with words or in this situation with violence.  They lose control over their emotions. I'm not saying this is the case in every situation....I know every situation needs to be looked at individually. But in one particular case, they lose control, and they KNOW better but they just don't know how to handle the pain anymore!  So they snap!  And then suddenly they are now the suspect, the criminal, the bad guy.  I am in no way condoning violence and them resorting to such acts. I'm just saying, there has got to be something more we can do to help the victims process the feelings they are feeling and the pain they are experiencing.  Give them the tools they need to cope and get through it.

We need to take it seriously!  WE NEED TO DO MORE!!!  And we need to do it before the victim "snaps" and has gone from the victim to the "bad guy" and making the 6 o'clock news.  

My heart and prayers go out to all of those touched by stabbing. I pray for physical, and emotional wounds to be healed.  

Blessings,

Marcy




No comments:

Post a Comment